Friday, March 11, 2011

Dream Diary II

The names of people I know in real life have been changed to save myself the embarrassment of it getting out that I dream hooked up with them. They will have different soap opera names each time to add a level of obfuscation. So Chad from last time is not necessarily Chad from this time.

I was the main character in some kind of survival horror game, a man trying to save his daughter. The game was developed by an American game developer in English, but it was loosely based on an anime. Very loosely. It was poorly designed and buggy. I kept getting stuck in the geometry and none of the weapons really seemed to do anything. You had to rescue other characters in order to proceed but it was very difficult since their AI and pathing was so bad. In order to get new abilities, you had to beat Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz in a jump rope challenge. At some point, a hint appeared in enormous stone letters on a building in the distance, but they crumbled to dust before I could read them. I waited patiently for the animation to loop so I could read it, but I kept getting distracted and missing it.

When I wasn't the character from the game, I was also me beta testing the game. During this process, I was wandering through a building crowded with people who belonged to two opposing factions. The occasional fight would break out, but mostly they stayed in separate rooms.

During the dream, I "woke up" and decided to log this in my dream journal. I was using a highlighter that had a bit of black ink on one side of the tip. I was writing it and trying to conceal what I was doing from a man who was my lover. I was afraid to tell him about my dream journal, but when the truth came out he didn't really care. I woke up and had to write it all over again.

No comments: